Until further notice, online worship only due to lockdown. Links will be found below under Online Worship Services.
Our normal pattern of worship is as follows:
8.30am – Holy Communion – each week apart from the first Sunday of the month
10am – Service of the Word – each week – with Holy Communion celebrated on the first Sunday of the month
A combined service on the first Sunday of the month at 10am only.
12 noon on the 4th Sunday of each month – Samoan language service
If you are attending worship please note the following:
- You must register your attendance either with our QR code or by having your details recorded on entering the church.
- You must sanitise your hands on entering the church.
- You must wear a mask and it must cover your nose and mouth at all times.
- You must always be physically distanced. You can sit with other members of your household but must be distanced from others both when seated, when talking to others, and when moving into and out of the church.
- Do not come if you are feeling unwell. If you have Covid-like symptoms, get tested and self-isolate until you have a negative test result.
- If you become ill with Covid-like symptoms after attending the Service, you must let someone from the church know. We must then arrange for all who were present at the service to be notified and DHHS to be notified.
Worship at St. John’s
Worship is the heart of the church’s life and mission. In worship we return to the wellsprings of the faith and are engaged in communion with the God who calls us. We discover new relationships of love and peace with each other and are sent to minister in the world in the name of Jesus Christ.
Worship is central to who we are, and forms us to be disciples of Jesus Christ. Through worship we come to know God personally, and are given strength and hope to live out our faith throughout the week.
We are committed to careful preparation for worship, and follow the pattern of worship set out in “Uniting in Worship”. With the church throughout the world we follow a systematic reading of the Bible known as the Lectionary. We are committed to good preaching, and a warm, welcoming ministry with children.
Our worship is enriched by a strong musical tradition led by the pipe organ, our Choral Group and by our Samoan Choir when they worship at 10am.
Online Worship Services:
Click on links to open services.
19 September 2021
12 September 2021
5 September 2021
29 August 2021
22 August 2021
15 August 2021
8 August 2021
25 July 2021
18 July 2021
13 June 2021
6 June 2021
30 May 2021
14 February 2021
Christmas Day 2020
Blue Christmas. This service is for any who are struggling with loss at Christmas.
1 November (All Souls Day)
Easter Day (Dawn Vigil Service)
5 April – Service from Ascot Vale Uniting