Throughout December 2020 and January 2021 there will be ONE SERVICE ONLY each Sunday at 9.30am.
If you are attending worship please note the following:
- You must register your attendance either with our QR code or by having your details recorded on entering the church.
- You must sanitise your hands on entering the church.
- You must wear a mask.
- You must always be physically distanced. You can sit with other members of your household but must be distanced from others both when seated, when talking to others, and when moving into and out of the church.
- Do not come if you are feeling unwell. If you have Covid-like symptoms, get tested and self-isolate until you have a negative test result.
- If you become ill with Covid-like symptoms after attending the Service, you must let someone from the church know. We must then arrange for all who were present at the service to be notified and DHHS to be notified.
Online Worship Services:
Online worship services recorded while we were unable to worship are still available. Click on links to open services.
Blue Christmas. This service is for any who are struggling with loss at Christmas.
1 November (All Souls Day)
Worship at St John’s
Worship is the heart of the church’s life and mission. In worship we return to the wellsprings of the faith and are engaged in communion with the God who calls us. We discover new relationships of love and peace with each other and are sent to minister in the world in the name of Jesus Christ.
Worship is central to who we are, and forms us to be disciples of Jesus Christ. Through worship we come to know God personally, and are given strength and hope to live out our faith throughout the week.
We are committed to careful preparation for worship, and follow the pattern of worship set out in “Uniting in Worship”. With the church throughout the world we follow a systematic reading of the Bible known as the Lectionary. We are committed to good preaching, and a warm, welcoming ministry with children.
Our worship is enriched by a strong musical tradition led by the pipe organ, our Choral Group and by our Samoan Choir when they worship at 10am.