Messy Church is church for families. It includes hands-on creative experiences, a celebration and a meal. It does not prioritise either the needs of children or adults but welcomes and provides for all ages. A typical Messy Church has these elements:
- a relaxed welcome time with drinks and snacks.
- creative exploration of a Bible story or theme
- children and adults are not separated and are encouraged to explore the story or theme together.
- a short celebration time usually consists of story, song and prayer.
- a meal – we invite you to join us to share a light finger food meal and you will be made welcome.
Our theme this time is based on:The story of Abraham (Gen: 15. v 1-6), trusting God and listening to him.
Believing in the things He says and the guidance He brings. This is sometimes a challenge as, like Abraham, God seems to suggest or promise the impossible. We are still called to trust him.
As the stars twinkle and shine in this Bible reading, we too are asked to shine in the world.