The theme of this month’s Messy Church is “Confidence in God”. This leads on from the last Messy Church theme which was “Belonging” – we belong to God therefore we can have confidence that he will meet all our needs.
We’ll be looking at the story of Gideon. Activities will include making prayer pockets, origami peace cranes and roly-poly painting (come along to see what that means!). As usual there will also be a short time of family-oriented worship and a light meal together.
Messy Church is church for families. It includes hands-on creative experiences, a celebration and a meal. It does not prioritise either the needs of children or adults but intentionally welcomes and provides for all ages.
A typical Messy Church has these elements:
- a relaxed welcome time with drinks and snacks.
- creative exploration of a Bible story or theme through many creative experiences for people of different learning styles and of all ages.
- children and adults are not separated and are encouraged to explore the story or theme together.
- a short celebration time builds on the creative exploration that has already occurred. It usually consists of story, song and prayer.
- a meal – we invite you to join us to share a light finger food meal and you will be made welcome.