Join us for the first Messy Church for 2019.
The theme is “Belonging” … to our families, to Messy Church, to St John’s, to the wider church, to God’s family.
We will explore what it means to belong … how are we all connected together? … What happens if you are missing from one of your groups? … how can we create a sense of belonging so that everyone feels welcome?
Our activities will include making a “Belonging Tree”, creating a coat of arms for our family and making a “pancake web” (come along and find out what that means!) As usual there will be fun, food and fellowship!
Messy Church is church for families. It includes hands-on creative experiences, a celebration and a meal. It does not prioritise either the needs of children or adults but intentionally welcomes and provides for all ages.
A typical Messy Church has these elements:
- a relaxed welcome time with drinks and snacks.
- creative exploration of a Bible story or theme through many creative experiences for people of different learning styles and of all ages.
- children and adults are not separated and are encouraged to explore the story or theme together.
- a short celebration time builds on the creative exploration that has already occurred. It usually consists of story, song and prayer.
- a meal – we invite you to join us to share a light finger food meal and you will be made welcome.